***Click on the Dog to purchase your shirt***
Calling all Dads: Kick off the school year with the Carroll Watch D.O.G.S.
WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) is an innovative father involvement, educational initiative of the National Center For Fathering. There are two primary goals of the WATCH D.O.G.S. program.
- To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
- To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
Who Are WATCH D.O.G.S.?
Whether you’re a dad, grandpa, uncle, stepdad, brother – or just a really cool guy helping raise our Carroll kids to be great humans – you’re invited to join us as a Watch D.O.G.S.!
As part of the Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) program, you’ll volunteer a half- or full-day at Carroll, making a positive impact on our school community.
Learn more by visiting the WATCH D.O.G.S Website.
Meet the Watch D.O.G.S. Chairman
Sabine Issac and his family of five have lived in Frisco since 2017 and are incredibly excited to be a part of the Carroll Elementary family. While he only has a second grader at Carroll for now, there are two more kids coming up through the ranks that will keep the Issac family frequent visitors of Carroll for the next decade.
Sabine is very passionate about getting dads plugged into the schools where their kids attend, being a visible presence in their student’s educational experience, and being a reliable resource for the school and its staff.
While at Carroll Elementary
At the beginning of their volunteer day, WATCH D.O.G.S. are required to meet with the principal or school liaison. WATCH D.O.G.S. are given a brief review of the program, school policy and procedures and are assigned their duties for the day. All Watch D.O.G.S. are required to wear a name tag and shirt that identifies them as a WATCH D.O.G.S.
Please be sure to….
- Follow your personalized Daily Schedule.
- Wear your WATCH D.O.G.S. t-shirt while you are on WATCH D.O.G.S. duty.
- Stop by the office if you have any questions throughout the day.
- Smile, talk to students, listen to them.
- Be alert- if a situation arises, please report it to a school official starting with the principal or assistant principal. You can ask the receptionist to call one of them on the walkie talkie.
Be a positive role model:
- Always use the staff restroom, located in the office, end of each pod, or staff workroom.
- Never be alone with students; always be in the presence of a teacher or other staff member when with students.
- Follow the school’s confidentiality policy in regard to students and staff.
- Always be visible to others.
- Please do not use profanity on campus.
- Do not use any form of tobacco on school grounds.
- Please do not share religious or political views.
- Please do not sell/give your official WATCH D.O.G.S. t-shirt to someone who isn’t an approved WATCH D.O.G. volunteer.
- Limit personal use of cell phones, tablets, or other electronic devices.
- Comply with all Frisco ISD district policies.
T-shirts are available!
If you have already ordered your T-Shirt, you can pick it up at the front office or we can send it home with your student. If you have not ordered your shirt, you can order one by emailing email@example.com - and then pay for it through the Carroll PTA site.